DAT Politics Wow Twist
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Chicks On Speed
With Wow Twist, French trio DAT Politics has devolved into the kiddie-kitsch clowns some feared they would become, even during their best records. Over five previous albums, DAT Politics' madcap glitch-pop ditties often teetered on the edge of absurdity. Mostly, the group charmingly placed their tooth-decay melodies within thrillingly kinetic song structures and topped them with enough flagrantly nutty and bizarre tones to keep Clicks & Cuts brainiacs beaming. Wow Twist, however, is excessively goofy (helium-voxed cutesiness, rubbed-balloon squeals galore, trite tunes) and it only makes you wish for the reformation of Tone Rec, DAT Politics' earlier post-rock unit.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player