DAT Politics Wow Twist
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Chicks On Speed
With Wow Twist, French trio DAT Politics has devolved into the kiddie-kitsch clowns some feared they would become, even during their best records. Over five previous albums, DAT Politics' madcap glitch-pop ditties often teetered on the edge of absurdity. Mostly, the group charmingly placed their tooth-decay melodies within thrillingly kinetic song structures and topped them with enough flagrantly nutty and bizarre tones to keep Clicks & Cuts brainiacs beaming. Wow Twist, however, is excessively goofy (helium-voxed cutesiness, rubbed-balloon squeals galore, trite tunes) and it only makes you wish for the reformation of Tone Rec, DAT Politics' earlier post-rock unit.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player