DAT Politics Wow Twist
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Chicks On Speed
With Wow Twist, French trio DAT Politics has devolved into the kiddie-kitsch clowns some feared they would become, even during their best records. Over five previous albums, DAT Politics' madcap glitch-pop ditties often teetered on the edge of absurdity. Mostly, the group charmingly placed their tooth-decay melodies within thrillingly kinetic song structures and topped them with enough flagrantly nutty and bizarre tones to keep Clicks & Cuts brainiacs beaming. Wow Twist, however, is excessively goofy (helium-voxed cutesiness, rubbed-balloon squeals galore, trite tunes) and it only makes you wish for the reformation of Tone Rec, DAT Politics' earlier post-rock unit.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player