DAT Politics Wow Twist
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Chicks On Speed
With Wow Twist, French trio DAT Politics has devolved into the kiddie-kitsch clowns some feared they would become, even during their best records. Over five previous albums, DAT Politics' madcap glitch-pop ditties often teetered on the edge of absurdity. Mostly, the group charmingly placed their tooth-decay melodies within thrillingly kinetic song structures and topped them with enough flagrantly nutty and bizarre tones to keep Clicks & Cuts brainiacs beaming. Wow Twist, however, is excessively goofy (helium-voxed cutesiness, rubbed-balloon squeals galore, trite tunes) and it only makes you wish for the reformation of Tone Rec, DAT Politics' earlier post-rock unit.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player