Data 80 S/t
- Words: Matt Eberhart
- Label: Force Tracks
While producers like The Neptunes and Timbaland were raking in accolades with their syncopated stencils of late-'90s electronic beats, Håkan Lidbo was busy restructuring pop sensibility to meet with the tenets of digital disco. His results are a catchy and soulful tech-house that adds sincerity to the bromidic four-minute verse-chorus-verse song structure. With hooks that stick in your head like the name of your high school sweetheart and basslines that bubble and shine, what it comes down to it is that when everyone was raving about Schneider TM's melancholic haze, Data 80 opened the backdoor and let in some light.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player