Datach'I Mmale and Ffemale
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Planet Mu
Joseph Fraioli (Datach'i) was rarely mentioned in past zine articles about "digital-punk." Strange, since his '99 debut [Rec + Play] embodied that tag with flesh and blood. Kid606 and half of the Tigerbeat6 posse often seem to be chasing after that record's trash-compacted IDM beats and Kool-Aid-drunk Nintendo melodies. With MMale and FFemale, Fraioli has matured, deftly composing analog drones and phantasmagoric choirs that haunt a Martian cathedral. The trademark Datach'i beats that chomp your woofers and tweeters are also in effect. Too bad this entire album could be mistaken for an Aphex Twin remix of Squarepusher's Music is Rotten One Note.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player