Datach'I Mmale and Ffemale
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Planet Mu
Joseph Fraioli (Datach'i) was rarely mentioned in past zine articles about "digital-punk." Strange, since his '99 debut [Rec + Play] embodied that tag with flesh and blood. Kid606 and half of the Tigerbeat6 posse often seem to be chasing after that record's trash-compacted IDM beats and Kool-Aid-drunk Nintendo melodies. With MMale and FFemale, Fraioli has matured, deftly composing analog drones and phantasmagoric choirs that haunt a Martian cathedral. The trademark Datach'i beats that chomp your woofers and tweeters are also in effect. Too bad this entire album could be mistaken for an Aphex Twin remix of Squarepusher's Music is Rotten One Note.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player