Dave Fischoff The Crawl
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Secretly Canadian
As tales of reinvention go, Chicago-based singer-songwriter Dave Fischoff's could sit comfortably aside The Count of Monte Cristo. On 1998's Winston Park, he kept residence in the shell of an idea, carving fuzz-caked frescoes in the poetic gloaming. But The Crawl comes across almost like a Terry Gilliam take on Cristo, all exaggerated pieces filmed with a fish-eye lens that rarely stray from the main character's rifts between fantasy and reality. Endearing indie-tronic melodies and low-bit pneumatics place Fischoff in the territory of Figurine/Styrofoam, but the jittery staging never subverts the humanity.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- NewsAlias Announces New LP for Anticon, Drops Free EP
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player