David Last The Push Pull
- Words: Sean O‘Neal
- Label: theAgriculture
My bodiless head floated gently through refreshing, unfamiliar air. I saw Jamaica, China, Java, Tokyo, Venice, Paris...it all meshed into one uncharted terrain, and I didn‘t know where I was. But I loved it! Brooklyn‘s David Last blessed me with this multicolored dream on his debut album–psychedelically cartoonish instrumentals awash with blip-hoppin‘ broken beats and slippery funkydunkyness. Last lures you in with slow-paced dancehall and illbient chaos powered by echoing reverbs, rich basslines, scrunched sounds and quirky melodies. Push Pull is playfully dubby like Lee Perry, charmingly IDM like Plaid, and downright heady in the fashion of labelmates DJ Olive and Lloop.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player