David Last The Push Pull
- Words: Sean O‘Neal
- Label: theAgriculture
My bodiless head floated gently through refreshing, unfamiliar air. I saw Jamaica, China, Java, Tokyo, Venice, Paris...it all meshed into one uncharted terrain, and I didn‘t know where I was. But I loved it! Brooklyn‘s David Last blessed me with this multicolored dream on his debut album–psychedelically cartoonish instrumentals awash with blip-hoppin‘ broken beats and slippery funkydunkyness. Last lures you in with slow-paced dancehall and illbient chaos powered by echoing reverbs, rich basslines, scrunched sounds and quirky melodies. Push Pull is playfully dubby like Lee Perry, charmingly IDM like Plaid, and downright heady in the fashion of labelmates DJ Olive and Lloop.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player