David Morales Mix The Vibe
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: King Street
No surprises here: just two and a half hours of pure, classy NY/NJ house culled from producers like DJ Pierre and Blaze, featuring plenty of vocals from Kenny Bobien, Jocelyn Brown, and more. Long, seamless mixes focus the attention on the songs, letting Morales's programming skills shine, particularly when he gets more Afrocentric on the second disc with cuts from Mateo & Matos and Kerri Chandler. On a mix celebrating 10 years of King Street' would have enjoyed some earlier songs like 95 North's "Hold On," but it's hard to complain about what's here.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsApplescal Readies 'Mirage' EP for Atomnation, Shares New Track
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player