David Morales Mix The Vibe
- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: King Street
No surprises here: just two and a half hours of pure, classy NY/NJ house culled from producers like DJ Pierre and Blaze, featuring plenty of vocals from Kenny Bobien, Jocelyn Brown, and more. Long, seamless mixes focus the attention on the songs, letting Morales's programming skills shine, particularly when he gets more Afrocentric on the second disc with cuts from Mateo & Matos and Kerri Chandler. On a mix celebrating 10 years of King Street' would have enjoyed some earlier songs like 95 North's "Hold On," but it's hard to complain about what's here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player