DDay One Loop Extensions
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Content
Time flies when listening to LA-based hip-hop producer DDay One-though it‘s hard to say whether that‘s a good thing. The man claims to be a vinyl packrat, and it shows in his production, which is loaded up with a voluptuous array of jazzy instrumental samples: a warm contrabass loop here ("If Eyes Were Ears"), an emotive piano snippet there ("Second Set"). But aside from a burst of double-stepping energy in the vocal track "Unstable Material 2," the album keeps a lackadaisical pace mired in trip-hop conventionality. Too often, the balance between understated and unremarkable is off-center.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player