Dead Combo Dead Combo
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Output
From the opening hissy peck of Manhattan-based Finnish duo Dead Combo's drum machine, it's apparent this pair is locked in a suicide pact to resurrect Lower East Side sleaze, or at least look sweaty trying. Skintight leather and stained white cotton plastered to them, Dead Combo's greasers hunch over a sputtering, squirrelly moog and a mauled guitar, both lurching sneers atop a glam-disco stomp as easily descending in to brooding murk. From the stuttering "You Don't Look So Good" to a skuzzy, slashed-up cover of Bowie's "Let's Dance," this stylized apocalyptic biker gang lets fly ricocheting rivets of searing see-saw squall that may not be as foot-forward as much of Output's retro-tinged roster, but is as affecting as it is affected, nonetheless.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player