Deadbeat vs. Stephen Beaupre It's a Crackhaus Thing
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Onitor
Scott Monteith may be best known for the rainforest tech-dub atmospherics he issued on his Deadbeat long-player Wildlife Documentaries. And Stephen Beaupre may be best known for his Canadian shuffle-tech as Multipass. But together, the two concoct a distinctly elastic form of minimal techno that shares its penchant for crackpot plunderphonia with fellow Montrealer Akufen and sample auteur Matthew Herbert. The eight tracks that make up Crackhaus are made for the giddy discotheque of yr mind, shunning seriousness at all costs to achieve the very serious goal of making you wiggle your smart ass. A noble endeavor, you must admit.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player