Deadbeat Something Borrowed, Something Blue
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: ~scape
Triumphant yet downcast, understated yet epic-these are the contradictions to be found in Deadbeat's music. Deadbeat, (Montreal's Scott Monteith) is a dub minimalist who creates anthemic tunes from the digital detritus of found sound recordings. His ghostly frameworks are both resonant with emotion and strangely lacking in substantive quality at the same time. Rim shots echo like double images in a hall of mirrors as the bass pours forth from the speakers in waves. It's all too common to immerse yourself in a Deadbeat track and realize eight minutes into it that it seems as if only a moment has passed.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player