Deaf Center Pale Ravine
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Type
Capitalizing on the gossamer promise of their "Neon City" EP, Norwegian duo Deaf Center issues this stunning meditation on memory and performance. With soundscaping prowess that makes David Lynch seem like a pansy, Deaf Center sublimates the familiar sounds of a perfectly precise slo-mo orchestra with the tactile textures of everyday sound, assimilating the hushed clatter of each passing day‘s non-events into an absorbing electro-classical whole. A compelling listen, slowly revealing its layered secrets, "Pale Ravine" is one aural gorge worth lengthy exploration.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player