Deaf Center Pale Ravine
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Type
Capitalizing on the gossamer promise of their "Neon City" EP, Norwegian duo Deaf Center issues this stunning meditation on memory and performance. With soundscaping prowess that makes David Lynch seem like a pansy, Deaf Center sublimates the familiar sounds of a perfectly precise slo-mo orchestra with the tactile textures of everyday sound, assimilating the hushed clatter of each passing day‘s non-events into an absorbing electro-classical whole. A compelling listen, slowly revealing its layered secrets, "Pale Ravine" is one aural gorge worth lengthy exploration.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player