Deaf Center Pale Ravine
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Type
Capitalizing on the gossamer promise of their "Neon City" EP, Norwegian duo Deaf Center issues this stunning meditation on memory and performance. With soundscaping prowess that makes David Lynch seem like a pansy, Deaf Center sublimates the familiar sounds of a perfectly precise slo-mo orchestra with the tactile textures of everyday sound, assimilating the hushed clatter of each passing day‘s non-events into an absorbing electro-classical whole. A compelling listen, slowly revealing its layered secrets, "Pale Ravine" is one aural gorge worth lengthy exploration.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player