Death Comet Crew This Is Rip-Hop
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Troubleman
As the quest to re-release material from obscure '80s bands continues apace, the trendsetting Troubleman label graces referential musicians with something they can use-the entire Death Comet Crew discography. This four-piece-which included the outergalactic freeestyle rapping talents of Rammellzee and production genius of Stuart Argabright (of Ike Yard and "The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight" fame)-provided the template for the thousands of cut 'n' paste provocateurs and DIY electro-punks flourishing today. This is Rip-Hop is a jarring, at times apocalyptic, trip through an urban wasteland populated by decapitated breakdance beats, squalling guitars, blood-splattered sound effects and heaps of downtown attitude. Hottt-with three Ts.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player