Death Comet Crew This Is Rip-Hop
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Troubleman
As the quest to re-release material from obscure '80s bands continues apace, the trendsetting Troubleman label graces referential musicians with something they can use-the entire Death Comet Crew discography. This four-piece-which included the outergalactic freeestyle rapping talents of Rammellzee and production genius of Stuart Argabright (of Ike Yard and "The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight" fame)-provided the template for the thousands of cut 'n' paste provocateurs and DIY electro-punks flourishing today. This is Rip-Hop is a jarring, at times apocalyptic, trip through an urban wasteland populated by decapitated breakdance beats, squalling guitars, blood-splattered sound effects and heaps of downtown attitude. Hottt-with three Ts.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player