Death Comet Crew This Is Rip-Hop
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Troubleman
As the quest to re-release material from obscure '80s bands continues apace, the trendsetting Troubleman label graces referential musicians with something they can use-the entire Death Comet Crew discography. This four-piece-which included the outergalactic freeestyle rapping talents of Rammellzee and production genius of Stuart Argabright (of Ike Yard and "The Dominatrix Sleeps Tonight" fame)-provided the template for the thousands of cut 'n' paste provocateurs and DIY electro-punks flourishing today. This is Rip-Hop is a jarring, at times apocalyptic, trip through an urban wasteland populated by decapitated breakdance beats, squalling guitars, blood-splattered sound effects and heaps of downtown attitude. Hottt-with three Ts.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player