Deborah Bond/A.S.E. Giving Up/Tango Ya Ba Windo (Stevie G RMXS)
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Sahara
The District of Columbia's own Stevie G finally gets a forum for his versatile remixing skills, and comes up aces on these two very different tracks. First, he gives Deborah Bond's ballad "Giving Up" a jumpin' nu-jazz re-rub, with grounding piano chords, a plucky bassline, and thumping percussion. On the flip, he brings A.S.E.'s kinda stiff drum machine-and-guitar African jam back to the lush land of organic percussion, resulting in a loose, rich reinterpretation.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player