Deborah Bond/A.S.E. Giving Up/Tango Ya Ba Windo (Stevie G RMXS)
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Sahara
The District of Columbia's own Stevie G finally gets a forum for his versatile remixing skills, and comes up aces on these two very different tracks. First, he gives Deborah Bond's ballad "Giving Up" a jumpin' nu-jazz re-rub, with grounding piano chords, a plucky bassline, and thumping percussion. On the flip, he brings A.S.E.'s kinda stiff drum machine-and-guitar African jam back to the lush land of organic percussion, resulting in a loose, rich reinterpretation.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player