Deborah Bond/A.S.E. Giving Up/Tango Ya Ba Windo (Stevie G RMXS)
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Sahara
The District of Columbia's own Stevie G finally gets a forum for his versatile remixing skills, and comes up aces on these two very different tracks. First, he gives Deborah Bond's ballad "Giving Up" a jumpin' nu-jazz re-rub, with grounding piano chords, a plucky bassline, and thumping percussion. On the flip, he brings A.S.E.'s kinda stiff drum machine-and-guitar African jam back to the lush land of organic percussion, resulting in a loose, rich reinterpretation.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player