Decomposure Taking Things Apart
- Words: Tyra Bangs
- Label: Unschooled
No doubt influenced by the Thomas Kàner and Matthew Herbert school of sampling, every track on this album is made out of noises from a single object: "Scrabble," for example, or "Matches" or "Toy DJ Playset." Of course, there's also the obligatory George Bush speech-raping number ("Speech") and the self-referential and rather mundane "Sound Card Noise." On the plus side, Taking Things Apart forces one to listen to quotidian objects in a new way. On the downside, there are few songs here, so unless you're a found-sound aficionado, you might find yourself wondering exactly why you're listening to noise.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
XLR8R Downloads Player