Delia Gonzalez & Gavin Russom The Days of Mars
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: DFA
When I think DFA, I think disco balls, sweaty white kids smiling and dancing around and the adolescent heat of summer. Thankfully, The Days of Mars is the atmospheric gem this carefree world needs. These four spacious songs are layered with synth loops so hypnotic, you‘ll find yourself comatose eight minutes into the first track. In the world of Delia Gonzalez and Gavin Russom, every piano key struck over the plush wall of sound is like a precise needle to flesh. Imagine Brian Eno floating in space with some mescaline and a book of mantras. Nod out, space out and embrace the epic.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player