Dennis Brown The Promised Land 1977-1979
- Words: Jesse Terry
- Label: Blood & Fire
Like nearly all Dennis Brown albums, The Promised Land has a mix of great tunes and filler tracks: in general this is an above-average to very good collection. For roots reggae fans, the backing tracks are uniformly stellar Studio One creations, featuring the best of the best: Sly, Robbie, Horsemouth, Chinna, Sticky, Flabba and more. This collection combines Joseph's Coat of Many Colours and various singles from Brown's own DEB label in the late '70s. As usual, Blood & Fire's reissue packaging is excellent, loaded with great liner notes, an interview with Brown and more. The Crown Prince of Reggae is gone but never forgotten.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player