Denzel & Huhn Paraport
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: City Centre Offices
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Denzel & Huhn can whir and glitch like it's 1999. That may sound glib, but there's no denying this Berlin duo's fondness for thickly layering the textural grit and digital effluvia that marked Mille Plateaux's infatuation with sonic errata. Championed by To Rococo Rot, Bertram Denzel and Erik Huhn often mirror that band's mesmerizing pulsations, understated menace, and winsome melodiousness. D&H serves up eerie, sub-aquatic dub as viscous and prickly as Pole's and artfully smears crackling tones like Farben and Fennesz. This IDM is a cut (and a click) above.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player