Deru Pushing Air
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Neo Ouija
So, this new Massive Attack album is quite different...oops, this isn't the new Massive Attack. But maybe it should be, as resonantly hip-hop as its beats are, as soupy and atmospheric as its backing textures feel, and with its few wisps of a woman's voice on "Din." Actually, it's one man, LA-based Ben Wynn, and Pushing Air falls into that warm, cozy nook that Neo Ouija's been prepping for the last three or four years, the one that's now draped in the easy rolling melodies of Deru and pillowed with the plush quietude of "Playground" and the rasp of "Soulik" in your ears. All you need now is a sunbeam.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player