Desmond Dekker In Memoriam: 1941-2006
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Secret
Desmond Dekker's most memorable music was about everyday things. And as In Memoriam illustrates, the recently deceased Dekker never slowed with age, dancing vibrantly over ska rhythms with his charming vocals. Whether he sang about his longing for an imagined home ("Pretty Africa"), pure heartache ("Pickney Gal"), or social unrest ("The More You Live"), his ultra-staccato style was lively and full of presence. Recorded in London, the music here is well crafted and comes packed with a booklet profiling Dekker's colorful life and music. These 20 tracks are wonderful reminders of his enduring artistry and charisma.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player