Dictaphone Vertigo II
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: City Centre Offices
It's true that moody, minimal soundscapes aren't everybody's thang, but Berlin's Oliver Doerell and Roger Doering demonstrate why listening to bleeps and bird chirps isn't just for sound-art installations. With day jobs in film and theater scoring, the duo's aesthetic is clearly cinematic: Vertigo II has a sweeping feel, like the perfect soundtrack for suddenly getting beamed onto a deserted fjord in Iceland. Deconstructed jazz elements flutter into these compositions like friendly specters; warm, fleshy sax notes get juxtaposed against steely, glitchy clicks for a 3-D textured feel. Check "Bruxelles," where a single thrumming tone lays the foundation for a mood exercise in loneliness.
- PodcastDJ Koze
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2013: Top Downloads (60 - 41)
- NewsLevon Vincent Announces Open Call for Artist Apprenticeship in Berlin
- FeatureHi-Five - Snoop Dogg Selects His Five Favorite Dam-Funk Tunes and Dam-Funk Selects His Five Favorite Snoop Tracks
- MP3Nils Frahm "You (Teen Daze Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player