Die Monitr Batss Girls of War
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Troubleman Unlimited
For a band whose first 7"s predicted a big No Wave mess, Die Monitr Batss has pulled off an impressive LP. Featuring members of Portland‘s Sleet Mute Night Mute and The Gossip‘s Brace Paine, Die Monitr Batss‘ droning chug of bass and reverb is skillfully split with trip-tempo drums, angular stabs of frenzied guitar, and the wail of discordant sax. The only rollover from Paine‘s work in The Gossip is his skill in turning stripped down riffs into measures of punk composition and that‘s what holds these tracks together. Girls of War is a synthesis of Northwest noise and a solid debut.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player