Die Monitr Batss Girls of War
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Troubleman Unlimited
For a band whose first 7"s predicted a big No Wave mess, Die Monitr Batss has pulled off an impressive LP. Featuring members of Portland‘s Sleet Mute Night Mute and The Gossip‘s Brace Paine, Die Monitr Batss‘ droning chug of bass and reverb is skillfully split with trip-tempo drums, angular stabs of frenzied guitar, and the wail of discordant sax. The only rollover from Paine‘s work in The Gossip is his skill in turning stripped down riffs into measures of punk composition and that‘s what holds these tracks together. Girls of War is a synthesis of Northwest noise and a solid debut.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player