Die Monitr Batss Girls of War
- Words: Carla Costa
- Label: Troubleman Unlimited
For a band whose first 7"s predicted a big No Wave mess, Die Monitr Batss has pulled off an impressive LP. Featuring members of Portland‘s Sleet Mute Night Mute and The Gossip‘s Brace Paine, Die Monitr Batss‘ droning chug of bass and reverb is skillfully split with trip-tempo drums, angular stabs of frenzied guitar, and the wail of discordant sax. The only rollover from Paine‘s work in The Gossip is his skill in turning stripped down riffs into measures of punk composition and that‘s what holds these tracks together. Girls of War is a synthesis of Northwest noise and a solid debut.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player