Diego Instant Reality
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Kanzleram
Twenty-two-year-old Diego Hostettler can build his tracks like his Kanzleramt protégé, Switzerland's hard techno/house superstar Alexander Kowalski. But it's lack of stylistic maturity makes Instant Reality only marginally more than an afterthought compared to Kowalski. It's the surgical cleanliness of Diego's source material-they're the same synth notes, the same arpeggios, the same breakneck techno rhythms. But Instant Reality lacks the scratchy, rough-around-the-edges quality that makes Kowalski's pounding Progress LP sound truly battle-tested. Why the comparison? Because Diego Hostettler is only 22, and it's clear that Instant Reality is most likely just a stepping-stone to a truly wicked new techno.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player