Digable Planets Beyond The Spectrum: The Creamy Spy Chronicles
- Words: Rico "Superbizzee" Washington
- Label: Blue Note
In the midst of the West Coast hip-hop takeover of 1993, Digable Planets' unique brand of beat poet, speakeasy hip-hop was a welcome breath of fresh air. But a decade-long hiatus can spell death to even the most celebrated of careers. Blue Note issues this best of & "B-sides" collection as a teaser for Digable's reunion album of all new material in '06. For now, the esoteric musings, cool jazz and incense that wafts from tracks like the remix of "Where I‘m From" and "Three Slim's Dynamite" (the latter from the Japanese pressing of Blowout Comb) will definitely suffice.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player