Digitalism Digitalism: Kitsuné Tabloid
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Kitsuné
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
German duo Jens “Jence” Moelle and Ismail “Isi” Tüfekçi have stitched together a gem of a mix CD for France’s Kitsune imprint. What renders Tabloid so enjoyable is not just its strapping, dancefloor-tailored mixing, but the surprising appeal of these eclectic yet unabashedly commercial tracks, which veer seamlessly from commercial rock to tech-house. Check The Human League’s “The Things That Dreams Are Made Of” for one of the most driving (and keenly lyrically comical) moments on this mix, and Jonzun Crew’s utterly nonsensical, funk-steeped joint “Space Cowboy.” A strong indicator that you should immediately locate Digitalism’s next nearby DJ gig–and bring some recreational substances with you.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player