Dillinja My Sound (1993-2004)
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Valve
A venerable godfather of the drum & bass scene, Dillinja has built a career out of concocting chest-rattling basslines and sucker-punch drums. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? But one listen to this 11-year retrospective and it's easy to see that the master of the monster drop has definitely earned his keep and then some. Featuring classic bits alongside contemporary thunder, Dillinja's obsessive attention to the mastering process doesn't seem to have faded one bit as numbers like "The Angels Fell," "Hard Noize" and "Friday" sit comfortably alongside "Thugged Out Bitch," "Tudor Rose," and "Forsaken Dreams." Snatch on sight!
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player