Dillinja My Sound (1993-2004)
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Valve
A venerable godfather of the drum & bass scene, Dillinja has built a career out of concocting chest-rattling basslines and sucker-punch drums. Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? But one listen to this 11-year retrospective and it's easy to see that the master of the monster drop has definitely earned his keep and then some. Featuring classic bits alongside contemporary thunder, Dillinja's obsessive attention to the mastering process doesn't seem to have faded one bit as numbers like "The Angels Fell," "Hard Noize" and "Friday" sit comfortably alongside "Thugged Out Bitch," "Tudor Rose," and "Forsaken Dreams." Snatch on sight!
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player