Dinky Get Lost 3
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Crosstown Rebels
- XLR8R Rating: 7.5/10
Like the wandering eyes in a portrait that creep out Shaggy and Scooby Doo as they retreat down a long, dusty corridor, there's something at times both spooky and spastic about the best of what is today termed "minimal house." This 19-track mix is like that slightly unnerving piece of art–yet another case in moody point…illism. An amalgamation helmed by Alejandra “Dinky” Iglesias–a Berlin-based DJ/producer associated with the Chilean diaspora that has maximized minimal house–this CD is one of those collections that manages to make sumptuous shadowboxing into a full-contact sport. Jacking into production work by Matt John, Peace Division, Ricardo Villalobos, Matt O’Brien, Radio Slave, Isolée, Matthew Styles, and herself, Dinky straddles the stereo field without constricting it, gradually reconciling the fricative gradients between deep house’s funky slink and techno’s calcified plinks.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player