- Words: Ken Micallef
- Label: Big Dada
This rising star has remixed DJ Shadow and his debut album features Martina Topley-Bird, but does Diplo really have the goods? Sounding at times like the contents of a garbage can dumped into a sampler, Florida matches tinkling pianos with faltering hip-hop beats and chicken scratch guitar and drunken horns with stuttering rhythms. But it's not so much the samples as how Diplo merges this mongrel stew together that makes Florida really sing. At times melancholy ("Sarah"), at times queasy ("Into the Sun" with Martina), Florida is for the anxious moments when indecision rules.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player