Dirt Crew Raw
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Dirt Crew
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
I said goddamn! The double-timed ‘tssk’ of a hi-hat halving a stark electro beat (an effect frequently heard from Crosstown Rebels, a label for which Dirt Crew’s Break 3000 and James Flavour have remixed) appears early and often on the Dirt Crew’s full-length studio debut. Only having produced together since 2004, they’ve nailed a sound that’s nostalgic for disco and feverishly sexy, particularly on “Big Bad City.” These up-all-night bangers will satisfy patient Dirt Crew-remix fans and the sweaty basements full of people who don’t know or care. It’s retro-futurism done exactly right–and it’s gonna give you shivers.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player