Dirt Crew Raw
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Dirt Crew
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
I said goddamn! The double-timed ‘tssk’ of a hi-hat halving a stark electro beat (an effect frequently heard from Crosstown Rebels, a label for which Dirt Crew’s Break 3000 and James Flavour have remixed) appears early and often on the Dirt Crew’s full-length studio debut. Only having produced together since 2004, they’ve nailed a sound that’s nostalgic for disco and feverishly sexy, particularly on “Big Bad City.” These up-all-night bangers will satisfy patient Dirt Crew-remix fans and the sweaty basements full of people who don’t know or care. It’s retro-futurism done exactly right–and it’s gonna give you shivers.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player