Dirt Crew Raw
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Dirt Crew
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
I said goddamn! The double-timed ‘tssk’ of a hi-hat halving a stark electro beat (an effect frequently heard from Crosstown Rebels, a label for which Dirt Crew’s Break 3000 and James Flavour have remixed) appears early and often on the Dirt Crew’s full-length studio debut. Only having produced together since 2004, they’ve nailed a sound that’s nostalgic for disco and feverishly sexy, particularly on “Big Bad City.” These up-all-night bangers will satisfy patient Dirt Crew-remix fans and the sweaty basements full of people who don’t know or care. It’s retro-futurism done exactly right–and it’s gonna give you shivers.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player