Dirt Crew Raw
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Dirt Crew
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
I said goddamn! The double-timed ‘tssk’ of a hi-hat halving a stark electro beat (an effect frequently heard from Crosstown Rebels, a label for which Dirt Crew’s Break 3000 and James Flavour have remixed) appears early and often on the Dirt Crew’s full-length studio debut. Only having produced together since 2004, they’ve nailed a sound that’s nostalgic for disco and feverishly sexy, particularly on “Big Bad City.” These up-all-night bangers will satisfy patient Dirt Crew-remix fans and the sweaty basements full of people who don’t know or care. It’s retro-futurism done exactly right–and it’s gonna give you shivers.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player