Dissent 3 Swap Meet Seers
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: Wide Hive
Despite being overshadowed by labelmates DJ Zeph and Variable Unit, Dissent isn‘t a group that can be easily dismissed. Their progressive jazztronic stance mixes musical improvisation with dancefloor sensibilities, resulting in an album experimental enough to take chances, yet grounded enough to deliver results. Lead Dissenter Gregory Howe (who also runs the Wide Hive label) has assembled a talented ensemble whose technical musical chops never get in the way of the groove. Mixing Moogs, saxophones, conga drums, violas, violins and stand-up bass with sample loops, synthesizers, and electronic beats, Swap Meet Seers‘ vibrancy proves in no uncertain terns that acid jazz didn‘t die, it only multiplied.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player