Dissent Primal Deconstruction
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Wide Hive
Dissent pulls off the tricky feat of spanning genres without ever really alighting in any one. Zipping from breakbeat to chill out to lots of other things, the duo delivers a dancefloor-friendly sound that's hard to classify but easy to listen to. Standouts include "Fight or Flight," with vocalist Nathalie Sanchez showing off smooth, versatile pipes over tropical-tinged percussion, and "Unison," with its funk-laced optimism. Not everything comes off well-the chorus of "Walk on Black Water" sounds oddly like "Fly Like an Eagle"–but, for the most part, Dissent's fourth full-length proves why they've had such staying power.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player