Dissent Primal Deconstruction
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Wide Hive
Dissent pulls off the tricky feat of spanning genres without ever really alighting in any one. Zipping from breakbeat to chill out to lots of other things, the duo delivers a dancefloor-friendly sound that's hard to classify but easy to listen to. Standouts include "Fight or Flight," with vocalist Nathalie Sanchez showing off smooth, versatile pipes over tropical-tinged percussion, and "Unison," with its funk-laced optimism. Not everything comes off well-the chorus of "Walk on Black Water" sounds oddly like "Fly Like an Eagle"–but, for the most part, Dissent's fourth full-length proves why they've had such staying power.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player