Distance My Demons
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Planet Mu
With My Demons, Distance has created a powerful album that will fully appeal to the dubstep scene while reaching beyond its boundaries, a record that remains vibrant in mood and saturated with personality. His "Traffic" b/w "Cyclops" single of 2006 laid out a balanced blueprint for the album, and both tracks are included here. Tunes like "Ska" and "Confined" sound similar to the bombastic "Traffic," where wild synths bruk out, tearing across jerking rhythms like a raging fire. "Tuning" and "My Demons," like "Cyclops," take the opposite route-they're deep reflecting pools that hypnotize, drawing you close so that phantoms can tug at your aural consciousness. While the whole effect is closer to Kode 9 or Boxcutter than Digital Mystikz or Skream, at the end of the day this is a unique creation, another feather in Planet Mu's cap, and a truly masterful piece of work.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player