DJ Andty Smith The Document II
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Illici
In the five years since it hit the streets, few mixes have packed more funk per square inch than The Document. Fresh from working on the debut album from Dynamo Productions (his joint effort with Scott Hendy), Andy Smith rolls out another redoubtable mix, replete with the same funk workouts (e.g. James Brown's Lowdown Popcorn"), '70s soul covers (Patti Drew's "Hard To Handle") and punchy hip-hop (Akbar's "Hot Ya Hot") that made the original so irresistible. Highlighted by the best diss track known to man (Serge Gainsbourg's "Requiem Pour Un Con...."), Smith's new joint pulls off the rarest of sequel tricks: it's still the shit-just a different pile.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player