DJ Andty Smith The Document II
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Illici
In the five years since it hit the streets, few mixes have packed more funk per square inch than The Document. Fresh from working on the debut album from Dynamo Productions (his joint effort with Scott Hendy), Andy Smith rolls out another redoubtable mix, replete with the same funk workouts (e.g. James Brown's Lowdown Popcorn"), '70s soul covers (Patti Drew's "Hard To Handle") and punchy hip-hop (Akbar's "Hot Ya Hot") that made the original so irresistible. Highlighted by the best diss track known to man (Serge Gainsbourg's "Requiem Pour Un Con...."), Smith's new joint pulls off the rarest of sequel tricks: it's still the shit-just a different pile.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player