DJ Andty Smith The Document II
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Illici
In the five years since it hit the streets, few mixes have packed more funk per square inch than The Document. Fresh from working on the debut album from Dynamo Productions (his joint effort with Scott Hendy), Andy Smith rolls out another redoubtable mix, replete with the same funk workouts (e.g. James Brown's Lowdown Popcorn"), '70s soul covers (Patti Drew's "Hard To Handle") and punchy hip-hop (Akbar's "Hot Ya Hot") that made the original so irresistible. Highlighted by the best diss track known to man (Serge Gainsbourg's "Requiem Pour Un Con...."), Smith's new joint pulls off the rarest of sequel tricks: it's still the shit-just a different pile.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player