DJ Bitman Latin Bitman
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Nacional
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
On his second stateside release, Santiago, Chile’s DJ Bitman (of Bitman & Roban fame) ditches his sample-leaning tendencies and crafts a breezy and organic experience. While there is a decrease in loop-digging here, Bitman still scratches and delivers knocking, programmed rhythms, which are topped off with a host of live instrumentation and vocals from an able cast of Latin American artists. At times Bitman’s compositions can be stripped down to a simple, feel-good groove, like on the Caribbean-inspired “Tropilove”; elsewhere, on “El Diablo,” the producer gets markedly more daring, mixing hip-hop with touches of Latin rock, dance, and traditional South American music. But whichever route Bitman chooses, he surely won’t leave listeners bored.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player