DJ Kiva Featuring Anthony Mills Interboro Tectonics
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Adios Babylon
In dedication to the Brooklyn streets he canvasses daily, Kiva dubbed his sound StuttaStep to showcase the many global influences in this here Babylon (even his studio name, Adios Babylon, pays respect). Heavily focused on broken beat and D&B, with flavorful bass and head nods to reggae and Afro-Cuban rhythms, Interboro Tectonics plays more like a compilation of several artists merging and building a warehouse of sound. Vocalist Anthony Mills, still rolling from his gorgeous Ghettotrance release, gives this industrious exploration a welcome touch of soul. Just as his hometown streets are boundless, Kiva is equally limitless in his futuristic laboratory experiments.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player