DJ Nu-Mark & Pomo Blend Crafters
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Up Above
This CD comes off as more of a Nu-Mark production showcase than an actual album, but I'm not complaining. These clearly are beats for MCs, not stand-alone instrumentals; they take a fairly basic verse/chorus/verse structure without a whole lot of changes happening. As such, it's good background music but not exactly gripping listening. No matter-Nu-Mark is due a lot more props than he's getting for his production prowess, and maybe this CD will help raise his stock. It's also a great purchase for any aspiring MC in need of some high-quality beats to flow over.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player