DJ Pierre Beak It Down
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Nite Grooves
Whatever happened to Chicago's Nathaniel Pierre Jones, the man who in 1986 tweaked a Roland 303 with his crew Phuture until he created "Acid Trax" and put dance music on the tongues of millions worldwide? Brother's still workin' it, as seen on this opaque follow-up to his springtime epic single, "Overcome." "Break It Down" offers some of his trademark warped "Wild Pitch" style over a filtered structure, with fractured jive vocals by an unidentified female. The party's never ended. Go on, Pierre.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player