DJ Rap Touching Bass
- Words: Miranda Franks
- Label: Surge Records
This double CD features Rap's signature drum & bass blends, but also switches gears for a foray into nu-skool breaks. While breaks may be new territory for Rap, the track selection consists mainly of worn anthems from yesteryear. To Rap's credit, she selects solid tracks that would have stood out if the CD had been released a year ago. The drum & bass disc features more of her original productions, where ripping basslines and crunchy Amen tracks intertwine with uplifting rollers. Touching Bass doesn't break any new ground, but true to its name, the low-end never dwindles.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player