DJ Rap Touching Bass
- Words: Miranda Franks
- Label: Surge Records
This double CD features Rap's signature drum & bass blends, but also switches gears for a foray into nu-skool breaks. While breaks may be new territory for Rap, the track selection consists mainly of worn anthems from yesteryear. To Rap's credit, she selects solid tracks that would have stood out if the CD had been released a year ago. The drum & bass disc features more of her original productions, where ripping basslines and crunchy Amen tracks intertwine with uplifting rollers. Touching Bass doesn't break any new ground, but true to its name, the low-end never dwindles.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player