DJ Rap Touching Bass
- Words: Miranda Franks
- Label: Surge Records
This double CD features Rap's signature drum & bass blends, but also switches gears for a foray into nu-skool breaks. While breaks may be new territory for Rap, the track selection consists mainly of worn anthems from yesteryear. To Rap's credit, she selects solid tracks that would have stood out if the CD had been released a year ago. The drum & bass disc features more of her original productions, where ripping basslines and crunchy Amen tracks intertwine with uplifting rollers. Touching Bass doesn't break any new ground, but true to its name, the low-end never dwindles.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player