DJ Signify Of Cities
- Words: Brandon Ivers
- Label: Bully
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
DJ Signify’s aesthetics could be seen as stubborn or out of step, but you can’t really fault the guy for knowing exactly what he likes. Murky breakbeats, dusty ambience, surreal MC soliloquies—this is tried-and-true good shit, Automator and Muggs be damned! Standouts like “Vanessa” trade Signify’s old SP-1200 graininess for seething noise, coming off like a shoegaze track rather than an Octagonecologyst hopeful. And the melancholic bliss of the weeping bassline on “Costume Kid” is not to be fucked with, even if the ingredients might not be as futuristic as, say, something jacked from Daft Punk.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player