DJ Spooky Vs. Twilight Circus Riddim Clash
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Play
Riddim Clash is a classic soundclash for a post-postmodern world-only the combatants are post-dub, post-hip-hop and post-punk. The face-off between DJ Spooky and Twilight Circus Dub Soundsystem brings on ital sounds of Lee Scratch Perry proportions-check "Phase Anansi" with its funky Hammond-and also slow, funky, siren-laden street grit. And just to convince you that this match-up has versions galore, listen to how they twist the Cure's "Love Cats" into their own "Dust Storm."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player