DJ Spooky Vs. Twilight Circus Riddim Clash
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Play
Riddim Clash is a classic soundclash for a post-postmodern world-only the combatants are post-dub, post-hip-hop and post-punk. The face-off between DJ Spooky and Twilight Circus Dub Soundsystem brings on ital sounds of Lee Scratch Perry proportions-check "Phase Anansi" with its funky Hammond-and also slow, funky, siren-laden street grit. And just to convince you that this match-up has versions galore, listen to how they twist the Cure's "Love Cats" into their own "Dust Storm."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player