DJ T The Inner Jukebox
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Get Physical
- XLR8R Rating: 9/10
Groove-publisher and Get Physical co-founder Thomas Koch has suggested that the follow-up to Boogie Playground is deliberately and overtly inspired by '90s house, his label describing it as “a vision of house music as it should be.” Perhaps the title of The Inner Jukebox refers to the sound of this house music, as imagined in his head. Yet the translation of these ideas from brain to disc sounds painstaking, as his collaborator on this long-player, producer Thomas Schumacher, has spoken of the extreme detail that DJ T expected in each track, with the collaborators deploying endless tiny micro-samples to construct their joyous music. But for all the meticulousness that has gone into its creation, the album sounds raw, spontaneous, and is truly lots of fun. On a label that is consistently thrilling, the clipped sounds of The Inner Jukebox are a stand-out.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player