DJ Wally Emulatory Whoredom
- Words: Jon Weldon
- Label: The Agriculture
A part of NYC's illbient downtempo hip-hop scene for almost a decade, DJ Wally continues to explore the now-forgotten textures of stoney trip-hop. A shade more developed through the use of more spoken-word samples, the beats limp lethargically through almost 20 tracks, caught between sluggish ambience, non-conceptual samples and very gentle breaks. "Stringsnsthings" at least lunges with big-beat bravado and a seething, stringy atmosphere, while "Yes It's True" has a pleasant skittishness. Devoid of attitude or innovation, Emulatory Whoredom merely is.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player