DJs On Strike! I'm So Happy!
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: DJs On Strike!
DJs On Strike! fired the salvo that the DJ is not your savior, but a mere editor of somebody else's sounds. So now what? Become what you condemned, and enjoy it. I'm So Happy! may be 2004's most half-assed concept record. Kurt Cobain's sarcastic elation in the first line of Nirvana's "Lithium" inspires the title of this 66-minute EP-39 minutes of it being "Silence" that ends with a "bing" nobody will wait to hear. The DJs concoct a roller disco party where Nirvana jams over "booty beats," which would've caused brawls at my junior high in '92. Sure, "Lithium" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" are seamlessly mashed-up, but none of it moves the soul-unless said soul is lubricated with six pints.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player