DM & Jemini Twenty-Six Inch EP
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Lex
Neither beholden to underground mores nor reliant on commercial tactics, Danger Mouse & Jemini have colonized hip-hop's middle ground, a realm dormant since the late 1990s. Here, the duo capitalize on DM's Grey Album notoriety, reminding us that last year's Ghetto Pop Life (from which this EP draws remix material) is ripe for the canon. Tastiest of all the re-rolled joints is the producer's 26 remix of "What U Sitting On?," featuring Cee-Lo's charmingly demented crooning and Tha Alkaholiks' lascivious come-ons. Later, "Ghetto Pop Life II" drains the original song of its symphonic splendor, slowing Jem's boastful hook in the service of lazy summer afternoon listening. If you've got 'em, smoke 'em.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player