DM & Jemini Twenty-Six Inch EP
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Lex
Neither beholden to underground mores nor reliant on commercial tactics, Danger Mouse & Jemini have colonized hip-hop's middle ground, a realm dormant since the late 1990s. Here, the duo capitalize on DM's Grey Album notoriety, reminding us that last year's Ghetto Pop Life (from which this EP draws remix material) is ripe for the canon. Tastiest of all the re-rolled joints is the producer's 26 remix of "What U Sitting On?," featuring Cee-Lo's charmingly demented crooning and Tha Alkaholiks' lascivious come-ons. Later, "Ghetto Pop Life II" drains the original song of its symphonic splendor, slowing Jem's boastful hook in the service of lazy summer afternoon listening. If you've got 'em, smoke 'em.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player