- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Dojosound
Broadcasting from their Denver HQ, the Dojo hip-hop collective, fronted by The Analog Suspect and Selecta Roswell, releases their fourth album with 360 degrees of local remix talent. The dynamics of the album complement the already hi-tech bushido of the original works, employing the fragmented digitalia of Nobot Media droids Equulei and CacheFlowe while The Draconians and Diverse keep things on street level. Elements of nu-school breaks, broken jazz, dub, and the sonic wood-chipper diplomacy of Relapse-expatriate This Will Hurt You round the album out nicely as the MC constituency keeps the lyrical calculus in check.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player