- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Dojosound
Broadcasting from their Denver HQ, the Dojo hip-hop collective, fronted by The Analog Suspect and Selecta Roswell, releases their fourth album with 360 degrees of local remix talent. The dynamics of the album complement the already hi-tech bushido of the original works, employing the fragmented digitalia of Nobot Media droids Equulei and CacheFlowe while The Draconians and Diverse keep things on street level. Elements of nu-school breaks, broken jazz, dub, and the sonic wood-chipper diplomacy of Relapse-expatriate This Will Hurt You round the album out nicely as the MC constituency keeps the lyrical calculus in check.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player