- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Young Cubs
It's debatable whether Bright Eyes will still be the "new Dylan" 30 years from now. But in the here and now Conor Oberst's doe-eyed-gone-wild-eyed affectations certainly have at least one fan in Los Angeles' Dommm (a.k.a Dominic Tiberio). Somewhere between the confessions of Oberst (or perhaps Xiu Xiu) and the confrontations of Venetian Snares lie Dommm's hectoring siren spasms and crimped synths, and these calm, melodic vignettes struggle with issues of ugly-beautiful vulnerability (especially "Candy Apple Head" and "Holy Hyena"). Dommm places emphasis on having a center of gravity within the diffusion, á la Fennesz (see guitar-flecked "Sloth" and "Conked"). Past all the Cex-ual tension, IDeMo is emerging.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player