- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Young Cubs
It's debatable whether Bright Eyes will still be the "new Dylan" 30 years from now. But in the here and now Conor Oberst's doe-eyed-gone-wild-eyed affectations certainly have at least one fan in Los Angeles' Dommm (a.k.a Dominic Tiberio). Somewhere between the confessions of Oberst (or perhaps Xiu Xiu) and the confrontations of Venetian Snares lie Dommm's hectoring siren spasms and crimped synths, and these calm, melodic vignettes struggle with issues of ugly-beautiful vulnerability (especially "Candy Apple Head" and "Holy Hyena"). Dommm places emphasis on having a center of gravity within the diffusion, á la Fennesz (see guitar-flecked "Sloth" and "Conked"). Past all the Cex-ual tension, IDeMo is emerging.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Wildildlife "Nervous Buzzing (Hours of Worship Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player