- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Young Cubs
It's debatable whether Bright Eyes will still be the "new Dylan" 30 years from now. But in the here and now Conor Oberst's doe-eyed-gone-wild-eyed affectations certainly have at least one fan in Los Angeles' Dommm (a.k.a Dominic Tiberio). Somewhere between the confessions of Oberst (or perhaps Xiu Xiu) and the confrontations of Venetian Snares lie Dommm's hectoring siren spasms and crimped synths, and these calm, melodic vignettes struggle with issues of ugly-beautiful vulnerability (especially "Candy Apple Head" and "Holy Hyena"). Dommm places emphasis on having a center of gravity within the diffusion, á la Fennesz (see guitar-flecked "Sloth" and "Conked"). Past all the Cex-ual tension, IDeMo is emerging.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player