Domu & Volcov The Last of the Great Apes
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Residual
The guys who otherwise comprise the lite-jazzier Rima give up the percussive goods for Ohioan Titonton Duvante's imprint. You selectors will hate choosing between "Nutsuki"'s busted-down 808 percussion and twangy synth lines, the rubbery chords and thumpy breakbeats of "Secret Powers" (which Titonton strips down, Midwest techno-style, in his mix), and the Detroit-tinged beat convulsions of "Battech," so get two copies. This music's future continues to unfold.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player