Donnacha Costello Colorseries
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Minimize
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Originally released as a 10-part series 12-inch records in 2004, the Colorseries marked the turning point for techno minimalist Donnacha Costello’s career. Three years later, these jams still stand the test of time, as top artists such as Josh Wink, Ricardo Villalobos, Magda, and Tiefschwarz are still licensing the tracks for mix compilations. Costello hand picks his favorite selections from the once vinyl-only series and re-masters them, edits little bits here and there, and adds a few exclusive tracks to complete the CD. Starting off with the bleepy “Orange,” the compilation builds to the acidic succession of “Opal Sessions” before moving into the deeper realms on “Blue,” and finishing with the poppy “Mustard.” Smooth and classic, Costello’s selection would be a colorful addition to your minimal arsenal.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player