Donnacha Costello Colorseries
- Words: Praxis
- Label: Minimize
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Originally released as a 10-part series 12-inch records in 2004, the Colorseries marked the turning point for techno minimalist Donnacha Costello’s career. Three years later, these jams still stand the test of time, as top artists such as Josh Wink, Ricardo Villalobos, Magda, and Tiefschwarz are still licensing the tracks for mix compilations. Costello hand picks his favorite selections from the once vinyl-only series and re-masters them, edits little bits here and there, and adds a few exclusive tracks to complete the CD. Starting off with the bleepy “Orange,” the compilation builds to the acidic succession of “Opal Sessions” before moving into the deeper realms on “Blue,” and finishing with the poppy “Mustard.” Smooth and classic, Costello’s selection would be a colorful addition to your minimal arsenal.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player