Dop “The Lighthouse”
- Words: Kate Simko
- Label: Orac
Breaking down musical boxes, Dop’s quirky music videos and leftfield sound have a fresh, arty weirdness to them; they’re not copying the fads. The French trio’s relentless drums change subtly over time as vocals echo, eerie harmonies shift through space, and keyboards and horn parts showcase their sense for composition. Something like an Afro-Latin tribal recording gone mental–you gotta check this for yourself.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player