Dop “The Lighthouse”
- Words: Kate Simko
- Label: Orac
Breaking down musical boxes, Dop’s quirky music videos and leftfield sound have a fresh, arty weirdness to them; they’re not copying the fads. The French trio’s relentless drums change subtly over time as vocals echo, eerie harmonies shift through space, and keyboards and horn parts showcase their sense for composition. Something like an Afro-Latin tribal recording gone mental–you gotta check this for yourself.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player