- Words: Liz Cordingley
- Label: Fat Cat
Imagine Mani as the soundtrack to a Jean-Pierre Jeunet film about Amelie's long-lost schizo sister. Artistic glitch action ripples over petite bits of cut-up instrumental sound like the flicker of Jeunet's cinematography, with surreal, abstract rhythms and melodies randomly popping out of the crackling ether. Three super-minimal piano tracks provide brief moments of stillness in the album's kinetic disorder. Producer Julien Loquet enlists the little-girl voice of Chloe Delaume, who personifies the album's folky timbre and classical madness. The work here is emotionally unnerving, but in sweet French ways that are more mysterious and heartrending than sinister.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player