Dosh The Lost Take
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Anticon
Dosh stitches together music-box melodies, nimble beats, and acoustic guitar riffs that smile at the morning sunshine with 10 cups of coffee in the belly. "Um, Circles and Squares" conjures up a toy store image with Fisher Price synth sounds. "Fireball" has Dosh playing a synth-pop jaunt with a sample of a teacher giving a peculiar lesson about empires, while "Unemployed Blues" grooves to a rhythm that snaps like a brick of firecrackers. The record's sweetness risks giving listeners cavities at times, but the musicianship is admirable enough to warrant repeat spins.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player