Dosh The Lost Take
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Anticon
Dosh stitches together music-box melodies, nimble beats, and acoustic guitar riffs that smile at the morning sunshine with 10 cups of coffee in the belly. "Um, Circles and Squares" conjures up a toy store image with Fisher Price synth sounds. "Fireball" has Dosh playing a synth-pop jaunt with a sample of a teacher giving a peculiar lesson about empires, while "Unemployed Blues" grooves to a rhythm that snaps like a brick of firecrackers. The record's sweetness risks giving listeners cavities at times, but the musicianship is admirable enough to warrant repeat spins.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player